|Posted by:||Joey deVilla on Thursday, November 2, 2006 at 05:51 PM EST|
|Filed under:||Joey deVilla, Jobs @ Tucows|
Table of Contents
- The Full Job Description
- How to Apply
We've got a job opening for an Integration Engineer here at Tucows. Here's a quick summary of the job position:
The successful candidate will have the challenging opportunity to work on Tucows’ vast and complex high availability system spread across multiple data centers, servers and operating systems. You’ll work with a dynamic team of Integration Engineers to develop, deploy and maintain components of a large scale hosted messaging platform. In addition, you will develop software components for our hosted messaging platform; liaise with third party suppliers in customizing applications for deployment on our high availability production environment; as well as contribute to ongoing process improvement of the SDLC.
The Full Job Description
|Position Title||Integration Engineer|
|Reporting Manager's Title||Director, Professional Services & Team Lead, Integration Engineering|
Main Purpose of Position
The Integration Engineer is responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining several components that form a large scale hosted messaging platform. This involves in-depth knowledge of the components themselves and the platform as a whole, in order to integrate the components successfully into the system, and then provide support for the system.
The platform is a high-availability system spread across multiple data centers, servers, operating systems, and is vast and complex. The Integration Engineer will be working as part of a dynamic team of Integration Engineers and will be required to be part of cross-functional project teams.
Key Position Responsibilities/Objectives
|% of time||Description of task/duty|
|10%||Developing and maintaining software components of a large scale hosted messaging platform.|
|45%||Working with software suppliers to package and configure their software for deployment into a highly available production environment.|
|40%||Software support of the production environment, including diagnosis, troubleshooting, and resolution of real time issues in a live environment.|
|5%||Contributing towards an ongoing process of improvement in all facets of software development and production deployment.|
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent UNIX skills, especially Solaris, Red Hat Linux and HPUX to system administrator level
- 2+ years experience with software development and test processes
- Familiarity with process implementation and improvement
- 3+ years commercial experience in Shell Scripting, Perl
- Knowledge/experience of C/Java is a plus
- 2+ years eexperience working with messaging and web protocols and languages, such as SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, LDAP, HTTP, WML, HTML
- Experience of working in a large scale server environment related to messaging preferred
- College diploma in computer science or engineering a must
- University degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience a plus
How to Apply
If you're interested in this job, please send a resume in Microsoft Word .doc format to firstname.lastname@example.org with INTEGRATION ENGINEER as the subject line.