|Posted by:||Joey deVilla on Friday, November 3, 2006 at 03:09 PM EST|
|Filed under:||Joey deVilla, Jobs @ Tucows|
Here's another job opening -- this one's for the position of Sales Engineer. I've included the copy from our HR department below. If you're interested, email your resume in Word .doc format to email@example.com with the subject line SALES ENGINEER.
We are currently seeking a Sales Engineer to function as our technical lead in developing new accounts and maintaining existing customers of Tucows services; including web hosting companies, internet service providers, web design firms, domain name resellers, telecommunications service providers and large enterprise customers.
As our Sales Engineer you will work directly with the Sales Team providing technical credibility and support for implementation initiatives including training and consultation; as well as participate in the implementation and support of new products and services.
In addition, you will resolve technical pre-sales issues; communicate technical capabilities, features and benefits of Tucows e-commerce solution; provide consultation and product expertise, resolve technical issues and support resellers through major design initiatives; assist the Training Department in the development, coordination, and delivery of technical training; maintain a high level of technical competency and knowledge across the entire range of our products and services; all while working with our Sales, Product Management, Project Management, Professional Services, Operations and Customer Support business units.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, applicants must possess:
- A minimum of five years pre-sales, technical support and related e-business experience
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Fluency in one or more languages in addition to English is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to articulate technical information to both technical and non-technical customer audiences
- Proven experience and capability in the technical sale of complex high technology products and services, including email services
- A sound understanding of operational metrics pertaining to performance, reliability, availability, scalability, and manageability of key business systems from the reseller and end-user perspectives
- Knowledge of Perl scripting and Unix system administration
- Experience creating technical and functional documentation
- The ability to quickly understand, learn and work with new technologies
- Strong self-motivation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and personal time management skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills